Search This Blog

Thursday 1 May 2014

D.I.Y SPECIAL---RIPPED JEANS!


HELLO! PEOPLE!

My first encounter with ripping jeans was out of spite. Ripped jeans were taking over all the trend reports in our favorite fashion world and I couldn’t get my hands on one. (ESPECIALLY in India, argh) I had no choice but to DIY.  With scissors in my hand, and an aim in mind, I was on a mission…and boy, was I happy with the result!
What you need: Chalk, Sharp Scissors, Jeans

STEP 1: Wear the jeans that you’ve chosen to be part of this enlightening (and slightly risky process). With the chalk mark where you would like the rips. I opted for one rip above my right knee and left leg two rips below my left knee.
STEP 2:  Wiggle out of your jeans and take your pair of sharp scissors in hand. Cut along the marked line. Its only Step 2 and you’ve already got most of your work done.
Step 3: Scrape the surface of the material horizontally (in the opposite direction of the grain of the threads). Depending on the size of the rip you want and the type of jean material, it could take a while to really get under the surface.




STEP 4: Open your scissor completely and using one side as a sharp tool cut along the ripped sides to give a frayed effect. Pull at the sides with your hands to widen the rips according to the width that you’re looking for.
Your done! SF Tip – Throw your freshly DIY’ed jeans in the washing machine to further rip them and give a torn, frayed look

Check out more on Facebook,Stylepile and Lookbook

Till then 

Stay Chic
XoXo
Disha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *